Monday, March 5, 2007

My Learning Process on Task 2

The working process on the task was quite interesting. Hu Qingchun and I worked along with each other quite well. She was good at applying computer skills. I was a dreamer, suggesting many ideas that were difficult to accomplish to her to make them come true.

Starting my journey for the production of a learning object, I borrowed ideas from the diagram of “The Giant Squid” to design a storyboard using the information derived from the article provided. I could imagine how difficult to produce one like that diagram. For the content part, I gave a title and heading to the diagram. There were four subtitles to go with the title. The title was “What makes our Earth planet’ climate so moderate---The Magical Atmosphere”. The subtitles were to elaborate the theme of the content.

Then, I searched from the Internet for clip arts and animations that might help realize my dream storyboard. I found a very good animation. The content of that was very similar to that of the assigned article. I shared with Qingchun that should we just copied the design but changed the words to fit our need. I also sent Qingchun six clip arts that suggested texts to go with those clip arts. Qingchun put things together with her design and the final product came out. You are welcome to view our product at Hu Qingchun's blog.

If you are also interested to take a look at the animation, feel free to click the following link and check it out.
http://earthguide.ucsd.edu/earthguide/diagrams/atmosphere/index.html

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hi there,
Thanks, I saw the presentation.
A link to it from your blog would be great.
Many Thanks
Andrew

Qingchun Hu said...

Hi, po yee,
we work togethre with joy and share with ideas. This is our first work. It is very interesting. Many thanks.

cck said...

I appreciate your group of using interactive buttons to control the flow of information. The 'show it' and 'hide it' button helps to keep the master screen as simple and plain as possible so that I will not be distracted from deciding what to read when there are more and more information of texts on the screen. Besides, I am also given the chance to control the pace of exploring on my own. Suitable use of interactivity (e.g. click and show in this case) can make the visual display more attractive.

Ryan Yue said...

Thanks for sharing your group's working process. I think the work process can helpful for the other groups.

And I like your group's work very much. I have posted my comments to your group in your partner's blog.

Ryan Yue