Sunday, April 15, 2007

How useful the Flash tutorial could be

After hours of watching on the Flash tutorial on Map Making, I am thinking how useful the Flash tutorial could be. On one hand, I need the Flash tutorial to help me learn how to use Flash. Computer-based tutorial is effective in saving the instructor's time in coaching the student. On the other hand, I prefer to learn from a person but not a machine. For learning skills, the student needs a lot of practice for acquiring necessary skills to perform tasks and the technology helps solving the problem of limited resourse. Therefore, I think if I knew how to make Flash tutorials, it would be wonderful.

3 comments:

cck said...

I totally agree with you that the flash tutorial is very useful. More importantly, I can refer to them anytime after the session and when necessary. Besides, we need to practise many times before we can actually manipulate flash, and no one can help except ourselves.

Jaco

Ryan Yue said...

yes, I agree with Jaco that the flash tutorial can be reused whenever we need. Some teachers may think that it is time consuming to create tutorial with flash. But by considering the reusability of the flash tutorial, it may be worth to do so.

Ryan Yue

Tam Po Yee said...

Yes, I like these tutorials. They are useful for the beginners and sophicated learners.