Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Photo Story

I like the Photo Story very much. It saves us time to create a slide presentation and add in special visual effect, text and audio information in a very convenient way. It seems like I have a audio-visual studio setting up on my desk and I could do it all myself without technician helping me put all the special effects, audio file, music and captions onto the edited photo album. Even though it takes time to explore and look for the best functions to work out the desired effects, it is a good tool for me, as a teacher, to create and produce simple learning objects for young learners to recall what they have learnt from the class lesson and reinforce their learning.

The following photo story is my first product after hours of exploration on how to use the tool, how to make it display on the blog and to save it in the wmv file but not wp3 file. Many other functions that need me to explore later. Here is my photo story - The Trip to North America.

4 comments:

Ryan Yue said...

Hi, Po Yee

Yes, I agree that Photostory is quite easy to be use. But, from my point of view, it is quite difficult to apply this software on teaching and learning.

Anyway, if you want to embed your video to your blog, you may take a look the follow link.

http://www.kathymarks.com/archives/2005/09/embedding_windows_media_and_quicktime_video_on_a_web_page.html

Ryan Yue

Laikin said...

Title: A trip in North America

Dear Po-Yee,

The photos were very pretty. If you added a few words to explain the buildings or the locations, it will be helpful for us.

YEUNG Kit Ping - My blog .... said...

In addition to place textual descriptions on the photos, background music or narrat ion will be another valued added elements that makes the show more interesting and informative.

Tam Po Yee said...

Good comments! Thanks.